C'mon Henrik - it doesn't matter. You could just as well ask how many cloud apps are based on RPG. Not a fair argument, sir! Were you an attorney in another life?

There are GOOD reasons to be concerned about the adoption of the Open Access technology - and none of those reasons are a particular kind of application. Again, I feel you are not seeing what OAR really is.

There WILL be applications for which Open Access is not a good technology to use to write them. There WILL be applications for which it is ideal. Not everything fits the native IO model very well. I would call that a severe impedance mismatch. In that case, DON'T USE IT! But that is not a good reason to trash the whole thing.

You will always be able to erect a straw man that OAR may not be appropriate for. I wonder, though - I've already had ideas that don't seem like traditional IO that find OAR to be a fine enabler for their development. So have others. And they do NOT at first glance seem related to disk IO.

Vern