Dear All,

I am using a java which a instantiate and invoke methods on from my rpg
program.

When I call the constructor on my class it creates a deamon thread that
runs in the background until I have finished, (this is used to setup a
connection using the Tibco/JMS messaging framework).

I am then able to send messages to my new object. This all works fine.

However my problem is with my logging. I have tried using both log4j and
the ibm Trace class, but neither of them log to stdout correctly. As in
effect I am running two threads from my program, I only get the stdout
for the thread that starts first. As soon as I invoke a method on the
class in a separate thread all my stdout ends.

I am running this in batch mainly so am just looking at the STDOUT I get
to QPRINT.

Is this a known issue with threading or am I doing something wrong?

Many Thanks

Luke

Tullett Prebon - Voted Overall # 1 Interdealer Broker, Risk magazine Interdealer Rankings 2010

The information contained in this email is confidential and may also contain privileged information. Sender does not waive confidentiality or legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately; you should not retain this message or disclose its content to anyone.
Internet communications are not secure or error free and the sender does not accept any liability for the content of the email. Although emails are routinely screened for viruses, the sender does not accept responsibility for any damage caused. Replies to this email may be monitored.
For more information about the Tullett Prebon group of companies please visit the following web site: www.tullettprebon.com