I second the ASSUME suggestion.
We have this format in a bunch of our
display files to prevent these kinds of problems.
It is never written or read. Its mere presence
does the job.

R ASSUME ASSUME
* This format has 2 functions:

* 1st, because of its existence, any format already being displayed by

* another program will remain on the screen.

* 2nd, When the program using these formats ends, it will output this

* format to provide a smooth transition back to the previous

* program.

OVERLAY
KEEP
24 80' ' DSPATR(ND)