That was my point. Just because we celebrated it at that time, it
doesn't mean it was right.

Albert

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 7:23 PM, Dennis Lovelady <iseries@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sounds like you were a year early.  According to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Century the 19th Century ended 12/31/1900.  It
follows then that 20th Century ended 12/31/2000, making 1/1/2001 the first
day of the current century.  Of course, by definition, a century may be any
100-year time period.  One of those will be ending in a few minutes, Eastern
US time.  But if you live by the Gregorian calendar (and most of us do) then
our century is in its 11th year, not its 12th.

Dennis Lovelady
"Why is it $10 looks so small at the grocery store, but so big at church?"
       -- Unknown

And we celebrated the start of the century on 1/1/2000

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 1:30 PM, Neill Harper <neill.harper@xxxxxxxx>