On 2011/1/3 4:16 PM, Vern Hamberg wrote:
Rory

I think EVAL-CORR is a good "all-the-time" option, since it devolves to
EVAL when the structures are identical, according to the Reference. Best
of both worlds!

I agree that EVAL-CORR is a good "all-time-time" option. Another possible benefit of EVAL-CORR is that it will handle any null-indicators. Say the due_date subfield was null-capable

EVAL DS1 = DS2 means the same as
DS1.id_no = DS2.id_no
DS1.due_date = DS2.due_date

EVAL-CORR DS1 = DS2 means the same as
DS1.id_no = DS2.id_no
DS1.due_date = DS2.due_date
%nullind(DS1.due_date) = %nullind(DS2.due_date)