David,

As Dennis pointed out, doing a simple EVAL (RecordOut = RecordIn) will
simply copy the bytes, starting at the left-most byte.

However, if you either specifiy LIKEREC(*ALL) for both record formats or use
EXTNAME rather than LIKEREC, then you could simply use EVAL. So a follow-up
question would be why you're not using either of those methods - what
exactly are the differences between RecordIn and RecordOut? In the vast
majority of cases, they would be the same (for database files)...

Rory

p.s. There's nothing *wrong* with EVAL-CORR, but it's pretty rare that you'd
need it.