If you are just parsing it out, then yes, the XML-INTO and XML-SAX is
awesome.
I have a ton of uses for them.

I just started this thread because I have a static XML file, that I just
wanted to get a certain Node value,
but didn't want to have to loop thru, just to find a certain value. I was
just hopinh an XPath style
approach was available.

David

David L. Mosley, Jr.
Technical Solutions Architect
Dancik International, Ltd.
2000 CentreGreen Way, Suite 250
Cary, NC 27513

www.dancik.com

sjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
11/18/2010 10:27 AM
Please respond to
RPG programming on the IBM i / System i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

RPG programming on the IBM i / System i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: XML-INTO (just need a quick answer)...

This is great timing for me, we are needing to process an XML document. I

have found an example by Jon Paris,
http://www.mcpressonline.com/operating-systems/ibm-i-os400-i5os/i5os-offers-native-xml-support-in-v5r4.html

What we need to do is parse the XML document to build a file, we don't
need to create an XML document at this point.. Is Jon's example what I
should be using to parse out the document or is there more to it that I
haven't discovered?

Thanks
Steve Jones