Hi, Pete:
**
Look around to see if a *MODULE by the same name exists. In other words, perhaps they issued a CRTRPGMOD (assuming it's RPG IV), and then used CRTPGM to bind the *MODULE with other *MODULEs or *SRVPGMs, one of which must have "EXPORTed" this "@ACTIONTEXT" data item.

Next, do a DSPPGM of the existing (old version) *PGM, to see exactly what was bound into it ... other than the IBM-supplied runtime routines that begin with "Q", what other *MODULEs or *SRVPGMs do you see? The import had to be exported by one of them.

To determine which one, you can, one by one, issue DSPMOD or DSPSRVPGM, until you find out which one is "EXPORTing" that symbol.

Does the source code have an H-spec with a BNDDIR specified? (That can complicate things ... In that case, it is possible that they created this *PGM with CRTBNDRPG instead of CRTMOD followed by CRTPGM, and that the binder searched the binding directory to resolve any unresolved references.) If that is the case, you need to issue DSPBNDDIR to determine what is in the binding directory.

Also be aware that you "should" have the same library list set-up that was used when the original program was bound, to prevent accidentally "picking up" a copy of one or more *MODULEs or *SRVPGMs from a different library, or from another binding directory with the same name.

I hope that some combination of the above hints will point you in the right direction.

All the best,

Mark S. Waterbury

> On 11/10/2010 1:32 PM, Pete Helgren wrote:
I have a set of programs that I did not develop that need to be
recompiled. The programs fail at the binding step with the following
message:

Definition not found for symbol '@ACTIONTEXT'.

In the source file I have this D-spec:

D @ActionText s 16 imPORT

How do I resolve the missing import? I have scanned just about
everywhere looking for anything close. Is there an efficient way to
locate the missing import?