From: "Alan Campin" <alan0307d@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2010 2:09 AM
To: "RPG programming on the IBM i / System i" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: avoid running ILE programs in the DAG...

I use the same trick in service programs I have on the web. I call them
XVRLSV (Resolve to object) and XVDYNL (Dynamically load server program.
They
are freely available on the web at www.think400.dk/downloads.htm as part
of
the trigger mediator package.

The trigger mediator uses them to load the correct service program from
the
database.

The problem becomes all of the other service programs that get called at
every level. Everyone would have to be loaded dynamically. A rule pain to
say the least and all procedure calls would have to made through the
dynamically load service program which means every procedure used in every
service program would have to be resolved and address stored and used to
call it. I am not sure that is practical.