Dennis,

I think you're saying "don't go looking for trouble"...don't just open
a source member and look for something you don't like.

I can somewhat agree with that...but on the other hand if you have the
time to browse, fix, and test...why shouldn't you make improvements
instead of surfing the net? :)

In this case however, I believe David was already in the code making
changes some of which involved the 'X0' constant given that he said
"Working on a RPGIII that has just been converted to IV. Need to test
a field to see if its value is 'X0'."

The way I read David's post, he searched to see if a constant for 'X0'
had already been defined, so he could make use of it. It had of
course but with a pretty poor name.

At this point, David, you and I seem to agree that improving the code
by using a better name for the constant is a good idea.

Charles