Rory and Bob,

yes - and it works both ways, free has a new syntax that has to be
learned for fixed format RPG programmers, why not move them to
javascript syntax - it seems to me it would make sense.

Henrik

"Bob P. Roche" <BRoche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
28-07-2010 19:49
Please respond to
RPG programming on the IBM i / System i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

RPG programming on the IBM i / System i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Future of RPG was: Open Access for RPG

He is just saying to give RPG another format, Fixed, Free, and Script.
Script would still be RPG, but more resembling a JavaScript format.