Hi Jon,

yes, if the programmers comfort zone i QRPGSRC, member type RPG and RPT
my code is simpler and easier to understand ... and there are many out
there that will never learn OO javasript or what %paddr is about or
eben a DS QUALIFIED is about.

In my project I'm trying to move them bit by bit - you are trying to
send them out in a bungy jump.

And hold the horses - I have taken a 60 year+ RPG programmer (NOT a RPGLE
programmer) and made him make 380 online ExtJS programs/functions in less
than
6 month with only approx. 20 hours of instruction. The project is now on
approx 270.000 lines of RPGLE/FREE code and approx. 50.000 lines of XML
code.

The truth is that the major part of iSeries programmers dosn't fit in to
iNetwork, Midrange.com or whatever - they are highly skilled in their
applications and may be resonable good programmers, but is either not
aware, has no experience or has fear to join a forum amoung so called
experts that in best case gives them three lines of code (with a lot
is expected to be understod) where the actually wanted an example.

In other words, they are "holistic", programming is only a matter of
reaching the overall goal - to do their job or achive their goals.

If you look back in the EASY400GROUP, Jon, you will find that many of
my examples is based on "working examples" or actual solutions, I never
answer people with one statement of code where they have to figure the
rest out for themselves.

I believe you are on the wrong road ;-)

Regards
Henrik¨

Jon Paris <jon.paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
22-07-2010 21:34
Please respond to
RPG programming on the IBM i / System i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: Open Access for RPG

I'm sorry Henrik - but this is just plain silly.

In what _possible_ universe is your 8+ lines of code below simpler than:

CHAIN ( key1 : ... : keyN ) DMREG;

Of course you can write your own handlers and I know you've done it.
But you are completely missing the point. YOU ARE NOT THE TARGET
AUDIENCE. Sorry to shout but I want to be clear. You are a very
sophisticated programmer - you are a handler _writer_ - and I'd love
to see you adapt some of your UI and XML code as handlers so that
others could do as easily the things that you (but not them) already
find easy.

If you can't understand that difference then there is no point in
discussing this further.

Jon Paris

www.Partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com