I have a very strange error that I am hoping someone may be able to explain or even help me fix. I am passing a data structure into a procedure. The data structure contains a number of fields, including some date and timestamp fields. The first time, and only the first time the procedure is called, all of the date and timestamp field values in the data structure are changed to the current date/time. I have watched it in debug and the fields all had non current dates/times in them when the procedure is called, but as soon as I step into the procedure, the values have changed to be the current date/time. I have tried various methods of passing the parameter in, CONST, VALUE, even as a pointer, they all work, or should I say don't work, the same. The only way to "fix" it I have come up with is to add an optional init parameter which causes the procedure to immediately return without doing anything and then doing an initialization call to the procedure.

The program is being compiled for V5R4, no optimization, and using activation group *NEW. Upgrading to V6 is not an option, unfortunately. I tried searching for issues with passing date or timestamp variables, but didn't find anything, or at least nothing relevant.

Has anyone seen something like this before?

Thanks

Joe Lee