Rick,

Based on your description, you may want to consider a trigger program to
search for the words in the list on new rows as they are added. Then the
mass search will only be necessary when new words are added to the word
list.

Brian May
Project Lead
Management Information Systems
Garan, Incorporated
Starkville, Mississippi

<Rick.Chevalier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
07/19/2010 08:10 AM
Please respond to
RPG programming on the IBM i / System i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

<rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: Use of regular expression

Charles,

Thanks for the OmniFind tip. I had forgotten about that. We are
currently at 5.4 but are getting our ducks in a row for the move to 6.1.
Hopefully it isn't too far in the future.

We currently use SQL for phone number searches in text fields against this
table now. Searches take a while but what can we expect with that many
rows. As I understand the project this will be a recurring task. More
specifically, there will be a word list generated and any rows containing
one of those words will be identified in a separate table. Once a row has
been searched for a word it won't be searched a second time for that same
word, but new records added will. I think this is what is pushing us
toward an RPG solution; the possibility of searching a subset of the
table. The entire table will be searched for any new words added to the
list.

Rick