The RPG cert test has been withdrawn because there was insufficient demand for it. It was too in-depth and required too much practical experience to be used by the colleges that teach RPG. All the time that the test remained reasonably up-to-date and had not been compromised, by the b*stards who steal tests and sell it as "education", it could continue. When last year it became obvious that it needed refreshing IBM had to look at the costs and determine whether to update it - which is an expensive process even though the RPGers who participate are not paid. They determined that the costs were not justified and so rather than offering an out-of-date test they withdrew it. Simple economics. No evil plots - the only evil comes from the hijackers who force tests to be rewritten more often than they should need to be.

As to the idiotic idea of an IBM plot to move us to mainframes ... I'd love to see any evidence. Heck IBM are still working to bring the mainframes to Power - not the other way round. And there are many mainframe to i conversions every year - in all the years I have worked in this arena the only conversions to mainframe I know of occurred as a result of mergers and takeovers.

Jon Paris

www.Partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com