I have done the RPG / iText approach, and it was/is very cool and useful.

But, what I have done recently, is utilized Apache FOP with RPG. Where
all you do is build a data XML file, and merge it with your style XSLT
file,
and vwa-la. PDF. Plus, if you are REALLY experimental, you can build a
dynamic XSLT file, so that you style is then conditionally built.

Just trying to throw out a different option.

David

David L. Mosley, Jr.
Technical Solutions Architect
Dancik International, Ltd.
2000 CentreGreen Way, Suite 250
Cary, NC 27513

www.dancik.com

"Andy Hautamaki" <ahautamaki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/19/2010 02:45 PM
Please respond to
RPG programming on the IBM i / System i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"RPG400-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <RPG400-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Itext and RPG

Has anyone had any success with Itext?

I wonder if its possible to create a PDF with merging data from the
iseries
with say graphic files on the ifs.

I see the book itext in action second edition by Bruno Lowagie is this a
good resource?

Thanks