But Namespaces are indeed an OO concept. That is what you encapsulate
your Classes in. In java this is known as a Package. By introducing
namespaces you begin to flirt with the idea of offering more and more OO
features into the language. You can simulate a class using a data
structures and procedures. Offer overloading of procedure names and this
really starts to take some shape.

Granted, actual "classes" won't exist in the language, and you won't get
inheritance. But if you offered Interfaces as someone else suggested its
just another piece of the OO pie.

Thanks
Bryce Martin
Programmer/Analyst I
570-546-4777

john e <jacobus1968@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/12/2010 09:12 AM
Please respond to
RPG programming on the IBM i / System i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject
RE: RPGV?

Namespaces / overloading has nothing to do with OO.
OO is all about encapsulation.
You don't encapsulate anything with namespaces/overloading.

OORPG... please

First try to make the current version of RPG a bit more sane...

And why bother, i never encountered an RPG programmer who even heard about
terms like "encapsulation" or even "variable scoping", let alone use it.