From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of THarteau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 9:40 AM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i
Subject: Data Area Problem

Hi,
I am storing the last date the program was run in a data area.
This then becomes the beginning date the next time. I have done this a
number of times and never had a problem. Now I keep getting the error:
RNF5262E Factor 2 operand has data type that is not allowed for this
operation. The help text just says factor 2 is not the correct data type.
This is probably just something I am not seeing, can someone else spot the
problem?

This is the data area:
Data area . . . . . . . : FSHDTE
Library . . . . . . . : V64BPCSPGM
Type . . . . . . . . . : *DEC
Length . . . . . . . . : 8 0
Text . . . . . . . . . : Last Date Fishmouth Report Run-BOM299
Value . . . . . . . . . : 20091115

And here is the code bits:
D FshDte S 8 0 INZ(0)
C *DTAARA DEFINE FSHDTE FshDte
C *LOCK IN FshDte
93
The error is on the DEFINE line. The indicator is in the low position.
There is an OUT command later that puts todays date in the dataarea. I am
on V5R4.

Terri Harteau
Felker Brothers Corporation
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path
and leave a trail."
Ralph Waldo Emerson