I'm not sure if this would be considered "third party" or not, but we've
been using InfoPrint Server for a couple of years.

Following IBM's instructions, we use a monitoring program to control the
report distribution. The program sees the name of the report and looks up
a distribution from a database. Alternately, we use the "mailtag" to set
limits on the which names are used from the distribution database. And the
final method is to use imbed the email address in the "mailtag"

The reports arrive as PDF attachments in emails.

For the majority of report distributions, we simply set up the distribution
list in the database and redirect the output to the InfoPrint Server
outque.

I understand a lot of these functions are native in 6. But we ain't there
yet.

Hope it helps.

Paul Thieme

message: 1
date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 17:01:07 -0400
from: "Koester, Michael" <mkoester@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: I need a DSPJOBSPLF that will output to an *outfile. Ideas?

Got a V5R4 system where I've been asked to automate some report
distribution (without the help of third-party tools). The jobs that
generate the spoolfiles in question run many RPGLE programs, so going
through each to override printfile would be onerous.

What I'd like is to be able to write a program that walks through a list
of the spoolfiles, match the spoolfile name and number to a record in a
control file where the appropriate outq, copies, hold/save and duplex
attributes can be found, and then change the spoolfile attributes
accordingly. Getting that list of spoolfiles that can be handled by a
program seems to be my show-stopper.

Our shop is not too busy right now, so they'd prefer I do this in-house
rather than buy a tool.

Can't be the first to need this function, but could find any applicable
hits in the archives.

Thanks,

Michael Koester