From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Charles Wilt
Sent: donderdag 22 oktober 2009 22:17
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion; RPG programming on the AS400
/ iSeries
Subject: Anybody using XML Toolkit for the IBM System i (5733-XT2) on a
POWER4or older box?

All,

Just wondering if anybody out there is using XML Toolkit for the IBM
System i (5733-XT2) on a POWER4 or older box running v5r4? Say an
SStar 810 or a POWER4 825?

I found this 2006 story:
http://www.itjungle.com/tfh/tfh060506-story06.html

"The XML Toolkit requires i5/OS V5R4 and runs only on System i5
hardware. This server restriction seems hard to believe, and if you
want to run it on an older iSeries box that supports i5/OS, it seems
hard to believe that IBM is not allowing this. The XML Toolkit goes by
the IBM product number 5733-XT2 and costs $250."

That says i5 hardware is required, but I can't find this requirement
in any of the IBM documentation.

I've asked our ops/admin to contact our BP, but it'd be nice to get a
answer a little sooner.

Thanks!
Charles Wilt