Rory (who is heavily biased in favor of tools like Synon)

From:"Paul Holm" <pholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

We are working on a white paper which will compare RPG programming productivity flexibility with other approaches for i5 application development. I would be interested in feedback/insight on the following.

The #1 most used and needed programming task is development of a ?WORK WITH? screen. This typically in RPG is a subfile with a position to type prompt. You typically can input a search parameter(s) and get a list of records to work with. They are used everywhere and examples include: work with orders, work with products, work with employees, work with customers, etc.

Once you have a list of records then #2 most required task is file maintenance. (Edit, insert, delete one of the records in your list. )

Roughly how long does it take in RPG to create a new ?WORK WITH? and Data maintenance application from your experience?

Thanks, Paul Holm