From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Vern Hamberg
Sent: Wednesday, August 05, 2009 12:24 PM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i
Subject: Re: Global variable search

Hi David

Happy middle of the day to you!

I just created a test program with a date variable in a PLIST - it compiled fine at V5R3 and at V5R4. The code is this

d datefld s d C parm1 plist C parm datefld
C C time datefld
C call 'DATEPGM' parm1 C move *on *inlr
PCML generated looks like this

<pcml version="4.0">

<!-- RPG program: TSTDATEPGM -->

<!-- created: 2009-08-05-04.56.22 -->

<!-- source: VHCURLIB/QRPGLESRC(TSTDATEPGM) -->

<program name="TSTDATEPGM"
path="/QSYS.LIB/VHCURLIB.LIB/TSTDATEPGM.PGM">
</program>

</pcml>

Maybe you are talking about an *ENTRY PLIST, so I tried that.

d datefld s d C *entry plist C parm datefld
C C dsply datefld
C move *on *inlr
compiled fine at V5R3 with PGMINFO(*NO). So I tried it with PGMINFO(*PCML) - this failed, same as yours. XML looks like this

<pcml version="4.0"> <!-- RPG program: DATEPGM --> <!-- created: 2009-08-05-05.04.17 --> <!-- source: VHCURLIB/QRPGLESRC(DATEPGM) --> <program name="DATEPGM" path="/QSYS.LIB/VHCURLIB.LIB/DATEPGM.PGM"> <data name="DATEFLD" type=" " length="10" usage="inputoutput" />
<!-- Error: unsupported data type (E) --> </program> </pcml>
I see that the data type is blank.

I then made a prototyped version of the above, as here

h dftactgrp(*no) d datepgm pr D dateprm d
d datepgm pi D dateprm d
/free dsply dateprm; *inlr = *on; /end-free
That resulted in the same problem at V5R3 -

<pcml version="4.0"> <!-- RPG program: DATEPGM --> <!-- created: 2009-08-05-05.13.12 --> <!-- source: VHCURLIB/QRPGLESRC(DATEPGM) --> <!-- 2 --> <program name="DATEPGM" path="/QSYS.LIB/VHCURLIB.LIB/DATEPGM.PGM"> <data name="DATEPRM" type=" " length="10" usage="inputoutput" />
<!-- Error: unsupported data type (E) --> </program> </pcml>
So I suspect that this is a bug - you should report it to IBM. Had the same result at V5R4.

Regards
Vern

David FOXWELL wrote:
Hi Mark,

You just made me cry. About 3 years ago I wrote an application that
"waded through" the source code. We used it to produce our own XML
documents. A web application uses this to replace written program
documentation which was too often neglected and usually duplicated in
the source.
But my first attempt with the PGMINFO(*PCML) parameter didn't quite
work. Despite a pretty XML document being produced, I get an error
*RNF0319 ( error generating information ) and the object is not created.
It seems I can't put a date field in a parameter list :

<data name="ANEDTDL" type="" length="10" usage="inputoutput" />
- <!-- Erreur : type de donn{es non admis (E) -->

Any idea why?