I was told to load up the car with a bunch of dumb terminals and some
diskettes, and head out to Detroit to install a package and get it
running. I had never seen RPG before. I was a basic programmer, knew
some Cobol, some Fortran, and had dabbled a little with OCL. The
customer had a S36 5360. I was asked to make minor program mods. What a
nightmare! I completed the assignment, but the customer asked my boss to
find work for me somewhere else far, far away.