Started out in small 5,000 watt radio station... jes kidding.

Got hired to work for small mfg company as a draftsman.
(paper, pencil, compass...)

They had a sys36 w/ 2 dumb terminals.

B4 long I was maintaining Mapics database on it and
some Sys36 admin, some queries.

A consultant wrote us an inventory program, I asked him
lots of questions.

3 days at guided learning center for rpg II.

RPG II manuals. [UGH]

Then I found Datanetwork/36 (became Midrange Computing)
and really starting learning.

Upgraded to as/400 in 94. This was a cisc box so also
did a risc upgrade to it later.

Didn't look back.

John B.

Edu: Had typing class in high school, went to college but
dropped my college computer class - just didn't 'get' punch cards!