Hello Michael...

That might solve the problem, but it doesn't explain why on 39 programs
the procedure works fine and on the 40th it doesn't.

Have a good day.

Blake Moorcroft
Developer - Corporate
Russell A. Farrow Limited
1980 Ambassador Drive, PO Box 333, Windsor, Ontario N9C 3R4
Bus: 519-966-3003 ext. 566, Fax: 519-966-9870
blake.moorcroft@xxxxxxxxxx

Michael_Schutte@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/30/2009 01:52 PM
Please respond to
RPG programming on the IBM i / System i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

RPG programming on the IBM i / System i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Subfile reversing display

Simple answer...

You are reading previous and adding to the subfile display as you read
backwards.

Solution...
When reading previous add to an array and put the first record read in
element 10. Then when finished output the array to the subfile.

Or
Read previous only to set the position of the file. Then use your forward
read loop to read the file again to populate the subfile.

Michael Schutte
Admin Professional

We've wrapped up a whole new breakfast adventure in Bob Evans BOBurrito.
Premiering at 5.99. For more information and to enter the FREE Breakfast
Every Week for a Year Sweepstakes ($500 value), visit www.BOBurrito.com