From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Pando
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2009 2:28 PM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i
Subject: Re: Good places to use "The Cycle" in today's RPG

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Marvin Radding
<marvin.radding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

... snip ...

Using leave or iter is good structured programming

If this thread has established anything, it's that
the sentiment above is a matter of opinion.
I fall into the 'use of ITER indicates lack of
analysis' camp. But that is just my opinion.

I don't believe LEAVE ad ITER are structured;
I developed a severe distaste for spaghetti code as
an RPGII programmer, and I believe use of LEAVE
and ITER leads to spaghetti code. Again,
just opinion, and stated as such (as opposed
to your statement of fact, above).

Chris
--
"Computer science is no more about computers
than astronomy is about telescopes."