We cannot tell how to optimize queries unless we know a lot more. There are too many things to consider.

But in general, look at the optimization manual at InfoCenter (www.iseries.ibm.com/infocenter) - pick the version that matches you OS level - v5r3, v5r4, or v6r1.

Open the Database item in the menu on the left. You should find an item there called "Performance and optimization" or something like that. That keeps you in the browser. There are also PDF printable manuals.

One tool you can use is the SQL statement processor and Visual Explain, both a part of iSeries Access. The manual tells you a little about this, I believe.

There was also a Redbook about managing database using Navigator. Go to www.redbooks.ibm.com and search for "database and navigator"

HTH
Vern

Chamara Withanachchi wrote:
Dear All,

I'm accessing our iSeries database from web but the problem is it takes lot of time to access the DB some queries take more than 2 min. I'm accessing via ODBC and those web programs coded using .NET.
Does any one know how to optimize those queries. All suggestions are highly appreciated.