Actually, I think Waldon suggested the pairing. I haven't posted in
this thread till now.

But I'll go ahead and throw my .02 in :)

Personally, I like the menubar option. Unless you're checking for
CA/CF keys all over the place, it shouldn't be too big a deal to
implement. One possible catch might be if your users use emulation
programs other than Client Access. Even that might not be a show
shopper, since some (many? all?) 3rd party emulators support menu
bars.

Here's an article from 1995 describing how to use menubars and other
green-screen GUI capabilities.
http://systeminetwork.com/article/creating-green-screen-gui

IMHO, the 2 reason to goto a menu bar:
--It would clean up the screen somewhat.
--Would prove more intuitive for new users used to Windows apps. Even
your current users, who are used to Windows apps, shouldn't find it to
difficult to get used too.

Lastly, note that you can invoke the menu bar and its options stricly
from the keyboard, no mouse use required.

Charles Wilt