I am trying to make myself use subprocedures more- rather than
subroutines. I have run into a little problem, and I'm not quite sure
what I need to do.
I have a procedure in a service program that is used for displaying
messages in display files. I use this all the time.
Now I have written a data entry program that has quite a bit of
validation. I have written another service program that has the
validation in it. Because there is a lot of validation I put all of
these within a subprocedure in my main program. Here is where the
problem occurs. My messages don't display. If I simply change the
subprocedure to a subroutine, my messages display.
C Eval PaverErr = valid_paver(cscrew)
C If PaverErr = *On
C Move 'RG1010 ' MSGID
C CallP G#AddMsgSF(MSGID:' ':
G#ADDMSGSF is in service program
Valid_paver is in a separate service program.
Checkvalid is subprocedure in main pgm
This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2019 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact