Scott Klement wrote:
I would suggest, however, that a *PSSR is a good place to insert code that does a dump, prints the job log, and e-mails the whole she-bang to a developer or support person who will be able to solve the problem.

Unfortunately, you loose the current state of the application & system ... what records are locked, what conditions are set, what the user was just doing (assuming, of course, they can remember), etc.
Though, in my environment, where I can do a WRKACTJOB and view the user's job log, a hard-halt is very close to providing the same level of useful information... it's just a little less user-friendly.

This is the trade off ... a one time little user unfriendliness vs. having a better chance of solving the problem permanently.

'course, if this is a batch job, and you have a *PSSR routine that does not halt the job ... you risk having the process complete in an unstable state. Then you've got all your diagnostics AND a screwed up system.

david