Hello,

I am trying to create an RPG program to create an SHA-1 Hash to be used in an Ecommerce application. I am using the API QC3CalHa to create the hash value. I am successful in generating the 20 byte message digest (which is in an unreadable format). However, I am unable to properly convert the generated hashvalue to the proper format to be used in my webapp. I have a test string that I was given with the expected results. The test string 'abc' should return the string
"a9993e364706816aba3e25717850c26c9cd0d89d". However, my program is returning
"80ADD764A3B1057058473DC9FCC7B461DDD62749".

My problem is 1) I am unsure how to verify the message digest (hash) created by QC3CALHA is correct? and 2) how to I successfully convert the generated message digest into the correct format?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Larry Dyer
Lead Systems Analyst
Texas Engineering Extension Service