Booth,

Since you lose nothing by including the file name (unless, as someone
pointed out, you could have just read one of a number of files, but that's a
pretty rare in my experience), I'd say have your standard be to use the
file-name qualifier. It's a tiny extra amount of code and doesn't reduce the
readability.

That said, I rarely do, since I put the %found and %eof immediately after
the file access anyway, so it's pretty clear (in my view).

Rory "wannabe-star" Hewitt