Does this work just as well? (This is *not* a rhetorical question!)

dParmDS ds Dfirst8 8
Dd#sys 1 arD 30 dim(7)

Tommy.Holden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
try this:

DMain PR ExtPgm('BI60A1R') D parms LikeDS(ParmDS)
dParmDS ds Dfirst8 8 Dd#sys 1 1 Dd#ndx1 2 31 Dd#ndx2 32 61 Dd#ndx3 62 91 Dd#ndx4 92 121 Dd#ndx5 122 151 Dd#ndx6 152 181 Dd#ndx7 182 211
but really....positional values?? dParmDS ds Dfirst8 8a
Dd#sys 1a overlay(parmds)
Dd#ndx1 30a overlay(parmds:*next)
Thanks,
Tommy Holden