From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-
bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: dinsdag 6 mei 2008 16:42
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: Reading large parm

Two different ways come to light. Assumption is that the six places
you
need are character and one field. Change to datastructure if they
aren't.

One:

For x = 1 to 115 by 6;
GoProcess(%substr(Big:x:6));
EndFor;

Two:

D MyChar based(pMyChar)

For x=0 to 119 by 6;
pMychar=%address(Big) + x;
GoProcess(Mychar);
EndFor;

Rob Berendt
--
Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073

Steve Jones <sjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
05/06/2008 10:24 AM
Please respond to

rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Reading large parm

Group:

I am looking for a good way to break apart a large parm passed to my
program. The parm will be 120 in length, but I need to read 6 places
at
a time & use that later in the program. Instead of creating a data
structure which breaks it down, can I somehow just read 6 places at a
time, use that info, then read the next 6?

Thank in advance
Steve Jones
list

list