Hi all,

I have an interesting situation where I am calling some RPG from COBOL
and the %parms bif doesn't seem to be working right. When I call
subproc1 I get a value of -1 in parms. After many issues trying to
get COBOL talking to RPG I am beginning to think it should be calld
ILBNCE "Integrated Language But-Not-Cooperative Environment"

COBOL:
01 parm1 PIC x(1024) VALUE " ".
01 dtaRslt PIC x(65535) VALUE " ".

CALL PROCEDURE "SUBPROC1" USING
parm1 RETURNING dtaRslt.

RPG:
P subproc1 b export
D subproc1 pi 65535a
D pParm1 1024a
D pParm2 10i 0 const options(*nopass)

D parms s 10i 0
/free

parms = %parms;
return '';

/end-free
P e

Any ideas? Anybody know if this is in fact a limitation?