From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Thomas Garvey
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 3:56 PM
To: 'RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries'
Subject: RE: SMTP server name

Thanks for the advice, Duane and Walden.

Assuming I follow #2, THEN I should be able to use JavaMail, after setting
the hostname property to the value they give me, right? The SMTP server
could be the iSeries SMTP server or their own server on another
box (as long
as the iSeries I'm running on can talk to that box on their network over
TCP/IP, right?).

I think I may have tripped over something else. My iSeries TCP/IP
configuration may be incorrect. I can connect to my iSeries via VPN, use
Client Access, and use FTP, but still have a messed up TCP/IP config,
because I just tried to PING yahoo.com (from a command line) and couldn't.
That means my iSeries can't talk directly to the web, right?

Tom