Alan:

I appreciate your comments. Rather than use a single source file for all I
use source files based on the object type being created (QDDSSRC - *FILE,
QMODSRC - *MODULE, etc.). Since the prototypes aren't objects, I keep them
in a separate source file. I could have kept them in QMODSRC, just chose to
do it differently. QCPYSRC also has members with D-specs for named
constants that I copy into multiple sources, API data structures (SPLA0100,
etc.). Just my way of thinking.

One part you didn't snip from my original post...
<snip>
I'm considering doing
this for a new application I'm working on, but want to see how involved it
is to make it work before I decide on a direction.
</snip>

I want to see whether it makes sense to use that approach...not in a
position to make a decision until I see what it looks like. I know that it
works (IIRC Jon Paris has used this in some of his examples), just want to
think about which headache I like best.

Unfortunately I haven't located an example yet.

Thanks,
--Bruce Guetzkow