I use C:\Shipping\Help\ for &LOCN + the name of the html + .hta
I have an .hta and .html for each help panel. I guess you could pass the
panel name to the .hta but I didn't research that.
If your users are mapped to the IFS, you could use that drive instead.
Output your word doc in HTML format to that folder.
Here is the .hta:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
<head>
<title></title>
<HTA:APPLICATION ID="help"
APPLICATIONNAME="myApp"
WINDOWSTATE="minimize"
BORDER="thin"
BORDERSTYLE="normal"
CAPTION="yes"
MAXIMIZEBUTTON="yes
MINIMIZEBUTTON="yes"
SHOWINTASKBAR="yes"
SINGLEINSTANCE="no"
SYSMENU="yes"
VERSION="1.0"/>
</head>

<script language=Javascript>
window.close();
// change below line to use correct help HTML
var tst1 = "open('MNGWHEMP.html";
tst1 = tst1 + "', 'window2', ";
tst1 = tst1 + " 'width=625,height=700,top=100,left=400,";
tst1 = tst1 + "resizable=no,scrollbars=yes')";
msgWindow=eval(tst1);
if (msgWindow.opener == null) msgWindow.opener = self;
</script>