Hi Lim,

It looks like your program is writing the same key twice. If you do a
dump on the error message and compare the values with the 1st record
listed in the error message, you should be able to determine what it is
writing. Then take a look at the program and try to figure out why.

Glenn Gundermann
ggundermann@xxxxxx
(647) 272-3295

One of our production program is getting a CPF5009 error. This is a RPG
program and the statement that is causing the error is a WRITE
statement. I'm not understanding why this CPF is showing a non zero
record number for a write operation. The file does have "REUSEDLT" of
*yes. Could this be the cause?

thanks

Additional Message Information

Message ID . . . . . . : CPF5009 Severity . . . . . . . : 10

Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic

Date sent . . . . . . : 01/24/08 Time sent . . . . . . :
09:53:49

Message . . . . : Duplicate record key in member ORDET.

Cause . . . . . : The output or update operation to member number 1
record
number 1377 format ORDETR, for member ORDET file ORDET in library
APLUS2FMC,
failed. Member number 1 record number 1376 format ORDETR has the same
record
key as member number 1 record number 1377 format ORDETR. If the
record
number is zero, the duplicate record key occurred on an output
operation.
Recovery . . . : Change either record key so that the keys are
unique.
Then try your request again.