C+ SELECT FLD1, FLD2
C+ WHERE FLD2 <> '00'
C+ ORDER BY 1
C+ FOR FETCH ONLY
C/END-EXEC

C/EXEC SQL OPEN C1
C/END-EXEC

C DOU SQLCOD = 100
C/EXEC SQL FETCH C1 INTO :PGMFLD1, :PGMFLD2
C/END-EXEC

C IF SQLCOD = 0
** process good records
C ELSE
C IF SQLCOD <> 100
** process error
C ENDIF
C ENDIF
C ENDDO

C/EXEC SQL CLOSE C1
C/END-EXEC

Some people prefer using SQLSTT over SQLCOD. You could also;

* Block fetch
C/EXEC SQL
+ Fetch C1 for :NbrOfRows Rows
+ Into :SQLDS
C/END-EXEC

and as always... please take a moment to review the archives

and Google "SQLSTT site:ibm.com"

pepitovadecurt
<pepitovadecurt@gm To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
ail.com> cc:
Sent by: Subject: Re: SQL into RPG
rpg400-l-bounces@m
idrange.com

12/13/2007 06:20
AM
Please respond to
RPG programming on
the AS400 /
iSeries

pepitovadecurt escribió:
How I can and control an SQL sentence from a RPG program?

To read the tables what's the best method?
- SQL sentence
- Read manualy the tables. EX: SETLL, READE ...

I'm newbie in RPG400. My mentor, old programmer, doesn't know the SQL
and only uses the second method.

Thank you.