Do not use "move". Use "eval" or "z-add". Thats all there is to it. There is not a problem. It'll work just fine.

Boggula Srinivas wrote:
Hi Every one,
Please dont get confuse with my question my question is simple
I will give an example : I have a numeric field say X of lenght 8 and the value is 12345678
Now i have another Numeric filed of lengh 10 say Y
now before moving the value into Y
I wanted to prefix 00 to that number (.ie 0012345678) and then move to Y field.
Regards,
Srinivas

Booth Martin <booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Then just do an eval from 8/0 to 10/0. You won;t see the leading zeros but they are there. If you want to see them you need an edit code like 'X'.

You said you are trying to validate dates? Is this process the way you want to do it? It sounds very long and hard to me.

Are you using RPG or CL?

Boggula Srinivas wrote:
Hi Booth,

My Number is 12345678

0012345678(Prefix)

Regards,
Srinivas

Booth Martin wrote:
Here is a number:

12345678

Which do you want:

0012345678 (prefix)

or

12345678900 (suffix)

??

Boggula Srinivas wrote:

Hi Booth Martin,

Sorry English in not my native langauge
PREFIX is what i wanted irrespective of the number
and the field is numeric.

Regards,
Srinivas

Booth Martin wrote:
I am guessing that English is not
Srinivas' first language? From the context of the question I believed he wanted the zeros on the end of his 8/0 field when it is put in the 10/0 field, hence the mult by 100,

Wilt, Charles wrote:

Wouldn't that add two zeros to the right side?

Doesn't prefix mean left side?

Charles