I don't directly pass a connection string but call it from RPG in the
following manner (using Scott Klement's article as inspiration)

prop = JDBC_Properties();
JDBC_setProp(prop: 'userName' : 'wcpolsuser');
JDBC_setProp(prop: 'password' : 'wcpolsuser');
JDBC_setProp(prop: 'databaseName' : 'QSInterface');

conn =
JDBC_ConnProp('com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver'
: %trim(server)
: prop );

JDBC_freeProp(prop);

Is there another property I can set that would deactivate the request
for SSL? And, I'm not POSITIVE the request for SSL is coming from the
I5 side. I am just mostly sure the error implies it and that our SQL
Server isn't using it.

Thank you,
Chris Anderson
Partners Mutual
Waukesha, WI

<ORIGINAL>

from: "Walden H. Leverich" <WaldenL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: RPG SQL Server

You do _not_ have to use SSL to talk to SQLServer from the 400, in fact,
I'd be surprised if that was even the default. What's your connection
string?

-Walden
<ORIGINAL>