Jerry,

As others have said, the basic answer is yes. A common example is a *PSSR
subroutine inside your subprocedure, to perform error handling, as in this
example:

P DisplayData B
D PI 10I 0
D Parm 10A Const

/free
if Parm <> *blanks;
dsply Parm;
return 0;
else;
exsr *pssr;
endif;

begsr *pssr;
return -1;
endsr;

/end-free
P E

Rory

p.s. If you have any of that 'really good stuff', I could use it on a day
like today :-)