From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of DeLong, Eric
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 2:51 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: MVC Architecture and transactions

Fair enough...

In my current environment, we're already journaling for HA,
so given THIS environment, commitment control starts looking
more desirable.... My past experiences in IT have never
included the use of commitment control, but I fear that this
is just another example of our reluctance to change our minds
about long-held prejudices. For example, just how much
overhead is incurred on a modern i5 when using journaling? I
suspect that with today's speedy CPUs tht the incurred
penalty is quite small. I also suspect that more shops than
ever are using HA replication...

My personal view on this is that I need to understand this
technology better, and that my toolbag has plenty of space in it.

Thanks for the feedback.
Eric