OK, today is my turn for the dumb question of the day.

I am trying to eliminate calling the CL program from my RPG program & just
call the RPG program that is ultimately called.

The CL program is very simple:

SBMJOB CMD(CALL PGM(HPMODS/C0774B) PARM(&PATH60 &PRINTER))
USER(IXAADMIN)

C0774B is also pretty simple
CALL PGM(HPMODS/R0774B) PARM(&PATH60 &PRINTER)

Currently the RPG program does a Call 'C0744' Parm Path Printer

I have the QCMDEXEC setup in the RPG program as:

D SystemCmd Pr ExtPgm('QCMDEXC')
D CmdString 3000 Options(*VarSize) Const
D CmdLength 15P 5 Const
D CmdOpt 3 Options(*NoPass) Const
D*
D SubmitJob S 500

What I am struggling with is getting the SubmitJob field setup correctly
so that it passes the values in the fields Path & Printer. Path is a
length of 60 printer is length of 10.

Why I want to do this is because it seems that I am getting the parameters
stepping on each other, as in the printer field is being appended to the
end of the path field.

I will put on the flame-suit & take my lumps today... :->

Thanks
Steve Jones
H-P Products