As Barbara points out, the %int bif is easier to use if you will always be dealing with integers.

Wayne McAlpine wrote:
If you can use free format, the %dec built-in function will handle the blanks for you. This should work regardless of where the '1' is positioned in field ABC.

xyz=%dec(ABC:1:0);

derek gonsalves wrote:

Hi,

I have to move a value from a 10 character field to a 2 decimal

ABC 10
xyz 2 0

I am doing a MOVEL operation to move this value to the numeric field.
Now if i have the value of ABC = 1, then the value passed on to XYZ is 10(Since it moves 1 from left, and initial value of XYZ is 00)
What is the edit code that i can use to remove the trailing Zeros before i move the character field to the numeric field.?

Thanks in advance

Derek

More photos, more messages, more storage—get 2GB with Windows Live Hotmail. http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_2G_0507