Vern

From: eduard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes, we do not trust the QSECOFR on the boxes where our application runs.
Auditters have also the tendency to not trust QSECOFR.
Our QSECOFR we trust. Someone elses QSECOFR we might trust but better sure
than
sorry.

Not necessarely this file must be created with SQL.
SQL was one of the possible options to create a externally described file on
the
fly.
Doing things from a source and compiling this is not an option because:
- We do not have that environment under our control.
- Do not know what features they have installed (can we compile?).
- Source can be changed (we do not use any scripting language either) and
that
is far to risky.

So now we have decided on Copy and Check tricks.
All files that need handling have a parent file (with the right atributes
set).
When needed we Create a new file based on the Parent.
When using the file we check ObjectCreation date/time to check if we have
created the file (and not someone else).
This procedure is not fool proof but you will need the manual (what manual?)
fiddle with it.

Regards,
Eduard,