Then write the data to CD.

"Raul A. Jager W." <raul@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
05/30/2007 10:45 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: AW: Can I create an ALWUPD/ALWDLT *No file with embeded SQL?

QSECOFR can not update a CD like the ones IBM uses to distribute the OS.

Bob P. Roche wrote:

Sorry, but I always wonder why people need to prevent QSECOFR
from
doing something. If you can't trust your "SECURITY OFFICER", you have
bigger problems. QSECOFR should never be restricted, in my opinion. The
whole point of this profile is to do things no one else can.If have a
problem later and need to do something, I never want to here someone say
call IBM to fix that. No one, not even QSECOFR can do that. We secured
that option. QSECOFR should have all access. you then secure the QSECOFR
profile.
I know this still leaves you the problem of securing the file, as

the original question asked. I have one question. Why do you have to
create it using SQL? From what everyone has said, DDS will give you what
you want. Just use the right tool for the job. In this case, DDS for this

particular file.

"Raul A. Jager W." <raul@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
05/30/2007 10:20 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: AW: Can I create an ALWUPD/ALWDLT *No file with embeded SQL?

This will work until somebody uses "GRANT".
How can we keep everybody (even QSECOFR) from giving a GRANT or CHGAUT?