Von: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Im
Auftrag von albartell
Gesendet: Thursday, May 24, 2007 15:55
An: 'RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries'
Betreff: RE: Long DB2 Column Names from RPG

I don't suppose you find embedded sql an option?

Where it is a good fit, yes SQL is a great option. But A LOT of my
programming is native IO and it would be great to have long names without
any additional coding at the top of the program and instead simply be able
to use the long names declared in DDS (or DDL, doesn't matter to me - except
that I will most likely need to do DDS for clients vs. DDL depending on how
forward thinking they are).

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com