Of course, if you're calling DLTLIB from one subprocedure and ADDLIBLE from
another, and trapping the error in a high-level subproc, that could be your
issue.

Actually, this_ is_ the case. I have a doCmd that executes DLTLIB which IS
causing a problem, but the ADDLIBLE is wrapped by another RPG ILE service
program at another level and that IS NOT causing a problem (i.e. I call it
like so: OBJ_ADDLIBLE('MYLIB');)

So are you saying that because my ADDLIBLE command is wrapped by
OBJ_ADDLIBLE() that it has the ability to catch it better? I always
considered an ON-ERROR clause to be a "stopping point" for errors (ALL
errors) percolating up the call stack. Is that not so when the error is
trying to be caught in the same module the error is thrown?

monitor;
doCmd('DLTLIB LIB(MYLIB)'); // error not caught
on-error;
endmon;
monitor;
OBJ_ADDLIBLE('MYLIB'); // error IS caught
on-error;
endmon;
P doCmd B
D doCmd PI